.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Forgive Me When I Whine by Bruno Hagspeil free essay sample

Bruno Hagspiel Today, upon a bus, I saw a lovely girl with golden hair. I envied her. She seemed so gay, and wished I were as fair. When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle. She had one leg, and wore a crutch. But as she passed- a smile. O God, forgive me when I whine. I have two legs. The world is mine! I stopped to buy some lollies. The lad who sold them had such charm. I talked to him. He seemed so glad. If I were late, ‘twould do no harm. And as I left he said to me, â€Å" I thank you. You’ve been so kind. It’s nice to talk with folks like you. You see, I’m blind. † O God, forgive me when I whine. I have two eyes. The world is mine. Later, while walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue. He stood and watched the others play. He did not know quite what to do. I stopped a moment, then I said, â€Å"Why don’t you join the others, dear? † He looked ahead without a word, And then I knew he could not hear. O God, forgive me when I whine. I have two ears. The world is mine. With feet to take me where I’d go, with eyes to see the sunset’s glow. With ears to hear what I should know – O God, forgive me when I whine. POETRY ANALYSIS Forgive me when I whine was a poem of insights beckoning the modest things which people do usually ignored by themselves. This poem has used a number of story lines to give some milieu, in which the readers may absorb its wisdom. Every reader can easily get its essence when reading each lines of the poem. In the first stanza, it commences the story of this person about some occasions in her life which had taken her to grasp a positive approach in some things of life. This particular instance started when she was in a bus and noticed a lovely girl with golden hair, and desiring that she may posses what that lovely girl is having. As this lovely girl passed by her way, she saw that the lass has only one leg, but opposite to what might every person would think, the lovely girl passes along her way with a smile, that’s when she realized the blessing she have, having completely two legs. In the second stanza of the poem, it is a subsequent story of its experiences. At this instant, she dropped by from the bus to buy some lollies and had seen a charming lad. She has had a talked with the lad. The lad was so happy and has thanked her for being so kind. At that moment the lad thank her, that’s when she knew that the lad could not see. Again, comes in her mind another thing. She was so lucky, to whine up on her being. In the third stanza, another experience that meets her†¦ while she was walking down the street, she saw a child with blue eyes. The girl wondered and asked the child why he did not go along with others to play. But he just stood ahead and not saying a word, that’s when she knew that the child was deaf. Again, she realized that she was lucky of having completely two ears. The last stanza of the poem was a digest of her experiences. As you would read the lines in this stanza, you will completely apprehend the author’s views in his poem. The one that has been referred here is not the girl, but the author was just representing that girl to every person in this world. It was ourselves or we individuals are the personas in this poem. The author has finely reached out to every reader his views and had shared his ideals and reflections in life. He sought to give emphasis on little, small things which really matter in this world. He wanted that every reader may get significance from this poem and its deep essence. What the author was trying to convey in his poem was, the thing that most matter is not how perfect we are made and not our handicapped, but how are we completely satisfied on the possessions we are having or the characteristics we have. This poem is customary relating to life of each human, it could be related to a human nature, where in we arrive to a point of whimpering or complaining to something and yearning to things we wanted to have. We tend not to appreciate the things we have till we saw some less fortunate people than us. Simply saying, we should be cheerful and must learn to appreciate the things we possessed. That’s the best message here we can get. WEEP NO MORE MY LADY By: Gems of Thought When I quit this mortal shore, And live around this earth no more, Don’t weep, don’t sight, don’t grieve, don’t sob I may have stuck a better job. Don’t go and buy a large bouquet. For which it may be hard to pay. Don’t hang around me feeling blue; I may be better of than you. Don’t tell the folks I was a saint, Or anything you know I ain’t. If you have stuff like this to spread, Please hand it out before I’m dead. If you have roses, bless your soul, Just pin one in my button hole. But do it while I’m at my best Instead of when I’m safe at rest. POETRY ANALYSIS It is quietly easy to take in this poem or to relate on this ode. To everyone who may have experienced loosing dearest people in their lives, this poem is reminding some things or things they ought to do when that dear person was still on there side. Merely often or maybe sometimes, we forgot and take no time to those important people in our lives and we tend to regret when they are no more to be with us in ahead of times. The lines in the poem were not uneasy to apprehend. Some lines were of used of metaphors and some lines go straight to its meaning. In the first line,† when I quit this mortal shore. † It has used a simile or an expression, â€Å"mortal shore,† which refers to or indicating to life. How often we heard to have a subject of a dead, funny it may learn but it’s of truth Sometimes it may sound queerly for those who were used of reading poems and not noticeably to those who don’t love reading poetic work, because mostly on some examples of literary pieces in the books, it’s all about living subjects. But here, we could find a rare kind of subject, a passing subject†¦In straight, the persona in this poem is a dead person. What the author wants to convey in his poem is to give time to the special people in our lives. Just like in this quotable phrase passed on text message, â€Å"A kid asks God what is the most important thing to give to someone. God answered†¦Ã¢â‚¬ Time† my child†¦ But why time? The kid asked†¦God Answered, because with time, u can’t stop it nor control it and you can never bring back the time that has gone by. † This quotable message is such a close reflection to this poem. But it’s not just about time that the author is trying to emphasize here, but also about some fundamental things we can do to someone while they are still with us. Like saying sweet words or giving some words that appreciates their being, making them feel special and offering the things that they may delight with. Those are the simple means which you ought to do to someone dear to you. And if time has come that they will leave you, you will no longer regret time, because you have spent pleasantly your time with them. In the course of loosing someone, we undeniably weep for them, certainly it was our nature†¦ but when thinking about it deeply, we are the pity ones when someone died. We may cry because we can no longer have them or be with them, because we will miss their presence†¦but we must also grieved for ourselves because we are the one being leaved, remember that world is a sanctuary of a test, were problems and other things exist.. Just like on the story of â€Å"The Heavenly Man,† when his father had died, he was grieved and happy. He felt grief because he can no longer be with his father, it died at his young age and has thought that he and his siblings will be a big burden to their mother, because they were a poor family†¦ These are some reasons why someone would felt sympathy for itself. The imagery of the poem was in a way of informing facts†¦. Important facts that people rarely know. The prevalent mood of the poem was in tranquil impression because it was only informing something. There is no other firm feeling you can absorbed in this poem. On the title itself, â€Å"Weep no more my lady,† it’s an ease or a console message, through this poem we can give ourselves a comfort and realization about something in life that we missed to do. No doubt this poem is related to every people, all maybe have this experience. We do usually weep for loosing someone, during their funerals we buy some bouquets, may even expensive it is. And when the moment we say some words before its corpse be buried, we say all the good things they did, and their saint attitude, where to think it’s unfair for those who passed without even hearing that words when they were still alive. The things we typically do are a big contrary to what must be. Generally the author is saying that something we must changed to our folk ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment